Ankara Bar Association, Turkey (1991)
Turkish Bar Associations Union (1991)
- Ankara University, Faculty of Law, LL.B. (1990)
- Chambers Global: Leading lawyer in Banking & Finance, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, and Projects & Energy
- European Legal 500: Leading lawyer in Dispute Resolution, Privatization, and Project Finance/Projects
- European Legal Experts: Leading lawyer in Corporate & Finance and Dispute Resolution
- PLC Which Lawyer: Recommended lawyer in Banking, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Media and Telecommunications, and Project Finance.
- International Who's Who of Project Finance Lawyers: Leading lawyer.
- Expert Guides: Leading lawyer
Mesut Çakmak, a leading legal authority in project finance and privatization, acts on behalf of clients involved in international commercial and financial transactions. He has represented sponsors in the development and financing of a number of major projects in the energy, mining and metals, oil and gas, infrastructure and transportation sectors. He has also been involved in many mergers and acquisitions, banking and capital markets transactions. Mesut Çakmak is a recognized legal expert in local and international arbitration as well as in administrative and commercial litigation.